We want you and your family to stay safe during the upcoming storm and the best way to do that is by being prepared.
Here are some simple tips you can take now:
- Charge mobile devices, laptops and tablets
- Pay attention to local weather reports
- Have a flashlight
- Have a hand-crank radio or battery-operated radio
- Have extra batteries
- Stock up on bottled water in case you lose water
- Have a first aid kit with bandages
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to contain the cold and keep food fresh
- Follow all instructions when using a portable generator and only operate them in well-ventilated areas
- Do not come in contact with power lines or an object that is touching power lines.
Article is closed for comments.