When planning to install a pool, spa or water feature, verification is required to ensure that there is no conflict with existing underground utilities. CoServ Electric lines must be a minimum of 2 feet away from water's edge; CoServ Gas lines must be a minimum of 3 feet away from any structure. Otherwise, a utility reroute will be necessary at the owner's expense.
In order for CoServ Engineering Services to review and approve your pool plans, the following documentation is required:
- Completed Pool Approval Request & Release form
- Copy of pool plan:
- Sample Pool Plan (PDF)
- All Electric & Gas locates drawn neatly on the pool plan and to scale.
- If service(s) are front-feed, please write “utilities front-feed” on the pool plan.
- Accurate distances to be noted on pool plan (not survey):
- Distance from water’s edge to the electric and/or gas lines.
- Minimum distance from any structure (not just water’s edge):
- Electric: minimum of 2 feet
- Gas: minimum of 3 feet away from any structure.
- For rear-feed gas services, distance from fence to water’s edge must be indicated.
- If the house is occupied, an unmarked final survey, survey plat or title survey must be submitted. If the house is under construction, a Subdivision Plat must be submitted. CoServ will not accept form board surveys, grade certificates or surveys stamped with ‘For City Permitting Only.'
- Copy of Texas811 confirmation email
- Locates must be completed before submitting pool plan approval request and are considered “current” for 14 days from the date of 811-confirmation email.
- If a utility re-route is required, the pool outline and utility locations must be painted on the ground at the time the pool plan is submitted.
- A $50.00 trip charge will be assessed if pool/locates are not painted out by the second site visit.
After gathering and completing the required documentation, you are ready to submit for approval using CoServ's Construction/Development Portal. Pool plan review and approval can take up to 72 hours.
Please contact Development Services and Logistics at email@example.com or call (940) 270-6825 with any questions.
Article is closed for comments.