Want to save energy during the winter and summer months? Check out these tips:
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees in the summer or 68 degrees in the winter.
- Set your thermostat back 5-7 degrees when leaving home for more than 4 hours. If you have a heat pump, only reduce your thermostat setting 1-2 degrees when leaving home.
- Consider installing a "smart" thermostat like the Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Thermostat E. (You'll even get some money back if you enroll in our Rush Hour Rewards Program).
- Have your HVAC system serviced twice a year.
- Replace air filters per manufacturer recommendations.
- Weatherize your home by installing outlet gaskets, caulking windows, replacing weather stripping, and insulating and weather stripping interior attic doors and pluming.
- Put your fans to work while you are in the room! Set your fans to spin counterclockwise in the summer and clockwise in the winter.