Setting up electric or gas service with CoServ? Welcome! CoServ Electric is not your typical utility. We are a nonprofit electric cooperative owned by the North Texas customers we serve (known as "Members").
Here are the details about our set-up fees, including a connection fee for processing requests on new accounts, additional meters and/or security lights:
- $15 Refundable Membership Fee
- $25 Electric Service Connection Fee
- Refundable Electric Deposit*
- $19 Initial Gas Meter Read Fee (if gas is on at the location)
- $65 Initial Gas Connection Fee (if gas is off at the location)
- Refundable Gas Deposit*
*A credit check will determine if your account requires a deposit:
- The membership fee refund will be applied to your final bill upon closing all active accounts.
- For electric service, deposits will not exceed one-sixth of your home’s annual electric bill or $105.
- For gas service, deposits will not exceed one-sixth of your home’s annual gas bill or $60.
- We will refund any deposits after your account is closed or after we receive payment for 12 consecutive bills with no more than one late payment and zero disconnections for nonpayment.