Applications are currently closed.
Please check back in Fall 2020 for the next application window.
The CoServ Scholarship program's purpose is to encourage and support eligible graduating high school seniors with an established CoServ connection as they pursue their education at an institution of higher learning in the state of Texas.
ELIGIBILITY OF 2019 APPLICANTS
- Student must be a high school senior who is a U.S. citizen, has a valid Visa, or is a registered Alien.
- The student’s permanent residence must have an active CoServ Electric or CoServ Gas account.
- The student’s parent or guardian must be a CoServ customer in good standing.
- Online application must be completed and submitted, including RETURNED REFERENCES by closing date of the application.
ELIGIBILITY OF 2020 RECIPIENTS
Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time in an accredited institution of higher learning located in Texas (college, university, trade or vocational school). Full-time enrollment is as defined by the registrar of the institution. The full amount of the scholarship must be utilized for the 2020–21 semesters (Fall, Spring, and/or Summer sessions), any remaining balance will be held or refunded to CoServ.
Number of Scholarships
The number of scholarships to be awarded is determined each year based on the availability of funds and the eligibility of applicants.
Amount of Scholarships
CoServ will award $35,000 in scholarships to seven eligible students in 2020. Each student will receive a $5,000 scholarship.
Payment of Scholarship
It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to send CoServ their enrollment and full-time status documentation. Within 15 business days of receiving the requested documents, CoServ will issue the scholarship payment. Funds will be forwarded directly to the institution at which the student is enrolled.
- Applications open: Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Applications close: Friday, October 4, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Scholarship offer will become void if it is not claimed by February 1, 2021.
Scholarship winner images and names may be featured on CoServ's website, social media channels, in the CoServ pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CoServ.
For more information about the scholarships, please contact CoServ's program coordinators at email@example.com.