Applicants will be notified in spring 2019 regarding their application status.
CoServ will award seven North Texas high school juniors an all-expenses-paid tour departing from Austin to Washington, DC, to watch our government in action. The winners join more than 100 other youth from Texas electric cooperative homes Wednesday, June 12 through Friday, June 21, 2019 to experience two Capitols.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANTS
- The student must have completed his/her junior year of high school by June.
- The student’s permanent residence must have an active CoServ Electric or CoServ Gas account.
- The student’s parent or guardian must be a CoServ customer in good standing.
- Online application must be completed and submitted, including RETURNED REFERENCES, no later than 5 p.m. Friday, November 30, 2018. Please plan your submission to allow time for references to respond.
- Winners are required to meet with CoServ leaders BOTH before and after the trip (dates subject to change):
- Orientation: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 2–4 p.m.
- Follow-up Session with the CoServ Electric Board of Directors: Thursday, June 27, 2019,
11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Images and names of Youth Leadership Tour winners may be featured on CoServ's website, social media channels, in the CoServ pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CoServ.
For more information about the tour, please contact CoServ's program coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.