Applications are currently closed.
Please check back in Fall 2020 for the next application window.
CoServ will award seven North Texas high school juniors an all-expenses-paid tour departing from Austin to Washington, DC, to watch our government in action. The winners join more than 100 other youth from Texas electric cooperative homes to experience two Capitols.
ELIGIBILITY OF 2019 APPLICANTS
- The student must have completed his/her junior year of high school by June.
- The student’s permanent residence must have an active CoServ Electric or CoServ Gas account.
- The student’s parent or guardian must be a CoServ customer in good standing.
- Online application must be completed and submitted, including RETURNED REFERENCES by closing date of the application.
- Applications open: Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Applications close: Friday, October 4, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Orientation at CoServ: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 from 2–4 p.m.
- Tour Dates: Wednesday, June 17–Friday, June 26, 2020.
- Follow-up Session with the CoServ Electric Board of Directors: Thursday, July 23, 2020 from 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.*
*Date for session with the Board of Directors subject to change.
Images and names of Youth Leadership Tour winners may be featured on CoServ's website, social media channels, in the CoServ pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area and state news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CoServ.
For more information about the tour, please contact CoServ's program coordinators at email@example.com.