If a scammer calls, here’s what you can do:
- Hang up if you doubt whether CoServ is the entity calling you.
- Always ask questions: Request your account number, last payment amount and more specific information. If the caller cannot provide specifics, hang up.
- Contact CoServ via online chat to let us know when the call came, the telephone number and a brief summary of what they requested from you.
If you feel like you might be getting scammed, here are some other helpful ways to protect yourself:
- Do not provide account details or other personal information to anyone you do not know.
- Do not agree to buy a gift card to resolve an outstanding balance. It is a common scam.
- You will receive a reminder or alert if you’ve missed a payment, CoServ will send you a reminder in the mail. If you’ve signed up for CoServ Alerts, we’ll send you a text, email or voice notification.
- CoServ will never insist that you pay with a pre-paid bank, credit or debit card such as MoneyPak or Green Dot.
- Check your CoServ Online Account to see the status of your bill at any time.